ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid question! 172 CUP PETROL FUEL TANK SENDER UNIT

vectra+clio172 cup
Ok, am I just being stupid, I need to replace the fuel tank sender unit, the one under the black plastic cover, but can't seem to get the black surround off that holds it in place.
Does the black surround on the unit just screw off anti clockwise or do you prise it off. Just don't want to break it with brute force and a hammer and screwdriver:)))

vectra+clio172 cup
Just to confirm, I mean the black plastic surroundING the sender unit and not the cover under the seat. I have that one off, and can see the fuel sender unit, but just can't work off the black surround.

vectra+clio172 cup
Do you know dan, it's amazing what some people are doing these days to botch a job. I have honestly had a trying time with my car, mainly because of botch jobs from the previous owner who apparently used his mechanic in the garage he owned to service fix etc. If I were him I would shoot the mechanic. Ha!

In all honesty, some of the worst work I've seen has been on mechanics own cars, and I think the theory is because they know "that'll do, it won't fall off for catch fire" if you get me? Where as someone who doesn't have extensive knowledge will do it to the letter as they don't know that.