ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid f**king s**t Samsung Crap TV

Inferno 182 CUP
I bought a new 46" LED TV in April this year!

Pretty new and worked great up until 30 mins ago!

Every minute it turns itself off and then on again!

No remote controls being touched there all on table in front of us. Tried unplugging from wall and back in. Tried turning off and on. Tried changing source (doesn't make difference)

Anybody experienced this?

Mega pissed to say the least! Watching TV is irritating as hell!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
does it have a button on the front, ours does and it caused whats happening to yours cps it wasn't fully pushed on or out

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
same happened to our samsung 40" tv after a couple of months. we took it back to currys and they sent it off for repair, 2 weeks later got it back and it was still turning itself off.

marched into the shop ready for an arguement and the manager told me to pick another tv, so we went for a sony bravia

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
If it helps while mine was being repaired they loaned me a TV of equivalent spec, so it wasn't too bad. That was through Dixons.

Bus w**ker
Standard for Samsung TVs. Faulty PCB fo' sho', part costs about £30 IIRC but as its under warrantee it's no biggy.

Comet will repair, replace or offer a credit note within 28 days of a fault being reported. Get them called up.

Re: Stupid f**king s**t Samsung Crap TV

Hey Mate,

It is a crappy Auto-Update, which might be the reason. No need to repair, just pull out your ethernet cable out of the TV and use it as usual. Report this back to Samsung and they should sort this out...

Cheers,
Nik

Goliath I
This happened to ours to the point it stopped coming on

We were bounced back and forth between the store and samsung, in the end an engineer came out and he said something had come loose inside and it was a common fault

Bumder With A Buffer
I had Samsung plasma. Had it 2 days and it used to whine/whistle like a fcuker and have wavey lines in the screen, much like when u used to have a dirty head on old VCR's.

Took it back and got a new one. This has been done but every now and then the power supply randomly turns itself on. You here it click, then a few seconds layer it does it again. Doesn't turn the screen on or make that stupid "bing bony" sound Samsung like to put out when u turn on their tv's.

I had Samsung plasma. Had it 2 days and it used to whine/whistle like a fcuker and have wavey lines in the screen, much like when u used to have a dirty head on old VCR's.

Took it back and got a new one. This has been done but every now and then the power supply randomly turns itself on. You here it click, then a few seconds layer it does it again. Doesn't turn the screen on or make that stupid "bing bony" sound Samsung like to put out when u turn on their tv's.

Is your's plugged into wifi/Ethernet? If so, that's the auto update your hear.

Bumder With A Buffer
Nope its not one of those models.

It's a known issue with Samsungs and their power supplies. I could fix it but can't be added if I'm honest.

Inferno 182 CUP
Rang Samsung.

Guy said - yup know your problems its a common fault.

Samsung released an update to all TVs which my TV picked up as its connected via ethernet. Its basically killed them all.

They have issued another update quick to fix it which i had to download onto a USB and plug in.

All fixed.

gdw

RS Clio 172
Excellent news, what the model and would you recommend this tv (hunting for a new one)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm pretty sure my Samsung turned itself on today, went home at lunchtime to find it on. FFS lol

Inferno 182 CUP
Picture quality on mine is s**t unless I watch blurays

Like proper s**t. Blu rays though .. Are f**king mint!

A4 Avant & A3
I've been looking at TVs recently & eveyone i know thats had a samsung (5 people) have had problems with them resulting in replacement panels & a couple ended up swapping for panasonic & sony tvs..
Are they known to play up more than other brands??? as i've been avoiding looking at them.
I've been pondering on the sony ex723 at the moment, but do like the look of the samsungs 6 series & up.