ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid airbag light due to wheel, resistor fail!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Changed my wheel in january, read up loads before so knew what i was doing! Resisters in and no lights on dash so i am happy..... However, serv and airbag light are now on, would come on then go off ect, decided to take wheel off and have a look, resisters still in place bit thought id put new ones
in and lights are still on!!!! Why???? Lol anyone got aby ideas why this has happened!?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thays what i thought as ive seen loads about that but i checked and everything in tact...?im sure its the wheel,
if i pushed the horn bitton in the lights aometimes went off which makes
me think its the wheel but
now ive swapd the resistors its on all the time.wen i start the car its not on but then abwt 3 seconds later they are back on
dont have a clue but its pissing me off, no dash lights
for months till now

Fabia vrs tdi
I jiggled about the wires under passanger seat when mines came on and it sorted it, just tug at then wiggle them about lol.

Fabia vrs tdi
Donno, the electrics on my 182 drive me crazy at times.

I played about with wires under both seats and it sorted it out.

mine used to wiggle themselves lose until i properly fixed them in place, how have you fitted them? ive got mine packed out with ends off another couple of resistors, a bit of mastic to hold them in and then all that covered in tape. nice and secure and lights have been off since.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Lights wer off for months! Folded the end of the resistor over then stuck them
in, tried with new resisters and it wont go off, pisses me off sein the lights on all the time espeshialy when i had it sorted! Mite try again and see if itl go off.