ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck in gear!

Clio 172 Ph2

I keep finding that when taking my 172 up to the limit - where the green change gear now! light comes on - I cant take it out of gear to change up.

I stick my foot on the clutch (as you do!) and attempt to move the gear stick but its just not having any of it! It doesnt budge an inch - I have to wait for the revs to drop a bit before it will.

Is this normal ?

Im am putting the clutch right down - honest!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Shouldnt matter where the revs are, should still be able to take it out of gear, sounds like a time to exercise your warrenty rights!!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Just a hot gearbox probably.

Does it do it if u drive normally then floor it, if not then it is probably just ur box overheating i think.

The 172 clutch is crappy really, and I used to get this sometimes (usually coming out of 3rd) but havent for a while, maybe Ive worn mine a bit now ?