ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strutbrace Help

Camel
Bought an OMP strutbrace for the Clio 172, fitted it today to find the bonnet does not shut with it on. Thought I had it the wrong way,turned it round and still the same problem.

Anyone had the same problem?
Anyone got any ideas?

dubster said:
Bought an OMP strutbrace for the Clio 172, fitted it today to find the bonnet does not shut with it on. Thought I had it the wrong way,turned it round and still the same problem.

Anyone had the same problem?
Anyone got any ideas?

where u positioned it ?

Camel
here is a pic of it

Attachments

• various.jpg
    various.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 50
try this , take off the bolts , decrease the size of the brace , so it slips further down on the left side , the holes will have to be drilled again but further down ,b4 u do that - then dont put the bolts back in yet but try closing ur bonnet ?????????;)

Fletch123 said:
How much difference do the strutbraces make?

imo it firms up the ride , makes it sturdier round corners and bends , some1 will give u more technical info. ;)
plus its looks smart .

Camel
kullycliosport said:
try this , take off the bolts , decrease the size of the brace , so it slips further down on the left side , the holes will have to be drilled again but further down ,b4 u do that - then dont put the bolts back in yet but try closing ur bonnet ?????????;)

gave it a go and I would be able to close the bonnet but it would be forced

dubster said:
gave it a go and I would be able to close the bonnet but it would be forced

dude u may need to reduce both sides , to minimum possible , it will fit .
as you reduce the length , it will go lower ;)

take off all bolts 1st and reduce away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rasp:

Camel
Have tried the above but it still hits the bonnet and just closes but the bonnet is slightly buckeled then when you pull the bonnet release it pops up with quite a foece am giving up for today!! Its getting cold any more suggestions and i'll try those, the rear one fitted in minutes!!LOL

Camel
Can anyone with a strut brace post up a close up pic of it fitted plwase it would be very helpful

Cheers kev

Camel
IT FITS!!!!!!!!! with a little help from an angle grinder i had a look at a cups bonnet and its totaly different from the mrk 1 172 here a pic

Attachments

• DDC3.jpg
    DDC3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 26