ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut top mounts, how much?

In between cars....
Think I need a couple strut top mounts for the front of the clio, seems to be a bit of play in them and im getting a knocking from somwhere

Anybody happen to know how much they are?

Can i get them from anybody apart from renault stealers and are there any uprated aftermarket ones worth having?

Cheers Chris

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I got mine for about £15 each. I bought them from ALS car parts. I think GSF also sell them. It's a kit consisting of the rubber doughnut, washer and bearing.

Vw caddy tdi
All clios from 1.2 right upto 2.0 v6 are apparently exactly the same part. Stealers charge £20+ more for 172/182 and v6 sport items. Fred from ys has said b4 buy a 1.2 kit its cheaper..

In between cars....
I was just goping to ask if they were the same through the whole range

Renault want £49.30 + vat each for them WTF

GSF have the top mounts for the other clios for a tenner each, are they defo the same? Can anybody confirm

Cheers :)

the bearings i had from ECP were Febi-Bilstein and the rubbers were Sasic and did have a Renault diamond on them. rubbers were about £20ea and the bearings, £10.

what are the £15 kits like? or is that for just a bearing/just a rubber?

Vw caddy tdi
Pm fred formerly from ys. I paid above price for my 172 then read on cs 1.2 kit from renault exact same part just different price

In between cars....
How do they differ edde? i noticed the ones from the 1.2 fit all bar the clio sports

Daft question im sure but will i be better off with the proper clio sport ones?

Is there anywhere i can get them bar a dealership?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
the bearings i had from ECP were Febi-Bilstein and the rubbers were Sasic and did have a Renault diamond on them. rubbers were about £20ea and the bearings, £10.

what are the £15 kits like? or is that for just a bearing/just a rubber?

The kit looked completely fine, it even had a Renault stamp on it! I'll dig out the part number and post it here. I got it from ALS car parts and I think it was £15 for each one.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Part number SM1514 KYB Suspension Mounting. I've checked the invoice and it wasn't £15 it was £24.77 in total. Still about half what Renault will charge.