ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut braces all opinions welcome

clio sport 172
Has anyone tried strut braces on a phase 2 172? I have been recommended them to improve handling and sharpen up the steering.

It would be great to hear from anyone and all opinions are welcome.

thanks,

Matt:rasp:

Got a K-Tec strut brace on my 182. Handling does appear a bit sharper but mostly looks cool as fcuk.

Camera007.jpg

Clio 182
Q's!

Does it interfer with topping up/checking brake fluid?

I take it you have to drill holes and mount it too the top of the suspension mounts?

Much difference in handling too pay the extra premium?

thx!

Engine bay looks cool as fuk btw :approve:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wont make any difference on a mk2 clio when bolted in with self tappers! mine was welded in on my old 1.2 16v, i didnt feel much difference at all tbh! , does make a difference on some other cars though

Clio 172 mk2
Cosmetic

As I always say...suspension turrets far too close to bulkhead to make much of a difference on a road car

a thirsty one
had upper and lower on my old 106gti and i did feel a difference, but on the clio they seem pretty stiff and i dont fancy drilling and tapping so im not going to bother with front i have got a rear one in anthracite but to be honest the only diff that makes is that it sqeaks a bit with passengers in and means we have to use the wifes car when going shopping as it gets in the way. so for that alone its worth it, no more car aprk dings at tesco.

megan R26.R number 006
give yozzasport a call they have got a new strut brace in the pipe line or so i have heard it supposed to be quite a bit better than the standard ones you can get

megan R26.R number 006
upper the lower ones can be sorted by yozzasport to as they sell the white line stuff but i could not tell you how much or how long as they are a australian company