ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to start when warm

Clio 172 Phase 1
As the title. Just an example.. Basically went for a drive yesterday, as I got near mine popped to the shop quickly, came out and obviously the car was still nice and warm, went to start it and it took about 4 seconds of turning over for it to start. Now I know this isn't the end of the world as it still starts, but it does sound like it is struggling. Only does this when it is warm though like I say, any suggestions?

cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Could indeed be a worn starter if the cranking speed is slow and sounding like its being held back... especially check the heat sheilding if its only doing it when warm. If it's cranking fine but not firing it'll be the Crank Position sensor at fault. You can remove it, clean it and refit it but in the end it will need changing for a new one a few weeks down the line.