ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

struggling to sell......help?

172 Cup
hi guys, had my car up for sale now for about 2 weeks n not had a single bit of interest in it. I know its an awful time to sell due to petrol and economy problems, but really didn't think it would be this bad. I origionally had it up for around £5,000 at first and lowered it down to £4800, then £4600. This is my ad on pistonheads, and also have it on autotrader. Do you think i need to change anything on it, or just stick it out.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/555034.htm

Also been contacted my a company called webuyanycar.com saying they would give me £4k for it, wots peoples opinions on these. As i didn't even know they existed lol.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Your on the money when you say its an awful time to sell mate, although it seems like a well cared for example. Is it only on pistonheads>?

172 Cup
ye ano m8, a do need quite a quick sale but can hold on about a month or so. No ive got it online on autotrader and going to keep it on there for as long as pos really. I waited until summer to sell up so that the market would have picked up slightly since christmas but its got worse lol.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yeah you have a fair few miles on the clock but its seems not a bad price for a nice spec car (thats still pretty new)..
Trying to sell my house at the moment as i want to move! its a very hard market at the moment! i have just reduced it by 10k as i think the estate agent over priced it! just wait! but petrol prices arent helping cars :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think its very competitivley priced with all belts done and so on.

Selling cars is a piss case mate, just remember and keep a few things in mind when selling...

If and when someone comes for a test drive make sure hes the only one in the car with you and a mate/dad etc. Although its rare some people will do anything to get your car.

Also set a "very lowest taking price" someone waving a few grand in your face can sumtimes have a very persuasive edge on what you trully wanted, dont entertain ridicolous offers either!

Good luck mate, it only takes one person to buy it ;)

172 Cup
yeah you have a fair few miles on the clock but its seems not a bad price for a nice spec car (thats still pretty new)..
Trying to sell my house at the moment as i want to move! its a very hard market at the moment! i have just reduced it by 10k as i think the estate agent over priced it! just wait! but petrol prices arent helping cars :(

cheers m8. Bloody hell thats a big reduction. Hope you manage to sell soon neways. Guess its not a good time to sell nething is it.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

cheers m8. Bloody hell thats a big reduction. Hope you manage to sell soon neways. Guess its not a good time to sell nething is it.

the market is very much up in the air at the moment! its not good! but people are still buying just not as many out there as there was..thanks!

Good luck mate! it will sell :)

172 Cup
I think its very competitivley priced with all belts done and so on.

Selling cars is a piss case mate, just remember and keep a few things in mind when selling...

If and when someone comes for a test drive make sure hes the only one in the car with you and a mate/dad etc. Although its rare some people will do anything to get your car.

Also set a "very lowest taking price" someone waving a few grand in your face can sumtimes have a very persuasive edge on what you trully wanted, dont entertain ridicolous offers either!

Good luck mate, it only takes one person to buy it ;)

cheers danny, good advice there. I know wot u mean bowt the offers aswell, at hard times it would be tempting to take alot less. Ive got a lowest in mind so just have to wait n see. :)

172 Cup
cheers guys. Oh and btw i posted it in the for sale section on here. But as they thread locked straight away how can i edit and change the price on here? Ask a moderator?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yeah ask a mod - but i think theres details on here how to do it?! New rules etc! to stop people making comment! if in doubt someone will help :)

btw on here everyone wants a car for nothing beware!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yep, get a mod on the case. Prices are cack at the moment, mines a 53 on 48kmiles and mines up at £5200, no interest.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
its a very hard market at there at the moment cars/houses/jobs etc etc!!
:( doesnt help we dont manufacture anything as a county :rant:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
its only worth about 4k your advertising it well to high, people don't want / cant afford 2.0 litres of renault. if u want to sell it you gotta drop your price, look at the price guide on auto trader, then look at where your advertising it, in some place for chavs to buy cars, and 1.2 dreamers, and you think its going to sell ?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
its a very hard market at there at the moment cars/houses/jobs etc etc!!
:( doesnt help we dont manufacture anything as a county :rant:

Its tax thats the problem, everytime i open my wage slip and see im paying nearly £600 in tax alone it sends me ever closer to the edge of just packing it all in and shipping abroad. Im fuckiing sick of paying over the odds for absolutley everything, it drives me nuts.

How can the government possibly get away with charging us nearly 70p a litre more than the USA, its all coming from the ground so how can it be justified? Mr Darling for the bullet:mad:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
its only worth about 4k your advertising it well to high, people don't want / cant afford 2.0 litres of renault. if u want to sell it you gotta drop your price, look at the price guide on auto trader, then look at where your advertising it, in some place for chavs to buy cars, and 1.2 dreamers, and you think its going to sell ?

It doesnt matter who buys it, moneys money. I think its very resonable:rasp:

178hp 172 Cup
dude i am in the same boat with another car!! i put my car on ebay and had a buyer in 5 days!! deposit paid and all then the day the car was due to go too its new owner he didn't turn up and since then i hav not spoken to him!!!

hav to re advertise now whcih is not good :(

172 Cup

Are you on about my ad? Its on autotrader, pistonheads and cs. I only gave the link to PH because its quicker and easier to view, im not after people wanting to buy it in this thread, i was just after opinions on my advertisement and some advise. I think its roughly priced right neways compared to ones on the trader.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I think thats a good price considering the age and mileage.

Im sure it will sell soon, although your car is modified which puts people off.

none :(
I had my 182 up for 4 wks with not a sniff, buyyourcar or whoever it is are s**t, i was going to use them they offered me £5400, but told em it had an induction kit on to then which they offered me £4500 (thats £900 off cuz it has an induction kit)

i sold it to a garge in the end for £5350

172 Cup
I had my 182 up for 4 wks with not a sniff, buyyourcar or whoever it is are s**t, i was going to use them they offered me £5400, but told em it had an induction kit on to then which they offered me £4500 (thats £900 off cuz it has an induction kit)

wot really? Thats rediculous, am just going to have to stick it out i guess. May visit some garages at the weekend. cheers man

none :(

wot really? Thats rediculous, am just going to have to stick it out i guess. May visit some garages at the weekend. cheers man

Good luck mate, its a hard time to sell at the minute

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Another famous cliosport valuation. :rolleyes:

i filled up with diesel at 10am (£1.31.per litre) i came back to the same petrol station 2 hours later and the price had gone up to £1.33. per litre...

its really getting beyond a joke now...:mad:

RX8 231 ps (modified)
I am selling my Mazda 3MPS aero at the mo and having difficulty, as mentioned above bad time to sell.

Just make sure it is competitively priced against similar spec and milage examples, then buyers will come to you first.

Best of luck mate.