ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strongflex advice- Dogbone

Just bought the two items for the dogbone from strongflex.

Seems to have some good reviews from Alfa's and Jap forums. Not to much on cliosport.net.

Googled discount codes and got 5% using Alfa5 if anyone's interested. Paid 23.15 in total delivered. Powerflex is about 42+ for the same bits.

Time will tell I guess.

That good? I have bought them because I am hoping that it's going to make my gear change feel a little bit more manly. At the moment it feels like I am shaking hands with someone with lettuce fingers...

Hi mate. They came last Friday and I have been down in London all week then I am doing toughguy on Wolverhampton this weekend so haven't had the chance buddy.

Probably going to fit them the following weekend. Will let you know Stevie

Clio 172
Hi mate. They came last Friday and I have been down in London all week then I am doing toughguy on Wolverhampton this weekend so haven't had the chance buddy.

Probably going to fit them the following weekend. Will let you know Stevie
Cheers Mike,

Good luck with the Toughguy!

Hi buddy. In short no.

I don't have anything to do it with in Leeds. Going to fit them a week on Friday when I go back to my dads. I have a stack of things to do.

Injectors
Coilovers
Strutbraces
Dogbones

Going to make a day of it. Will defiantly let you know.

Any Luck with the Bushes?

Hi Steve.

Fitted them on Sunday and drove 150 miles back home.

Really has made a difference to the gear change. Best way of describing it is it feels a bit more meatier and less flimsy really.

Really easy to fit. Took about 20 mins.

I haven't noticed. I had the Mrs in the car and didn't drive very spiritedly on the way back.

I had just put coilovers on that I need to adjust on the weekend before I take her out for some Sunday driving. I will update.

Does it knock pal???

Been out for a nice drive today. Everything feels good.

One thing that I can report is a slight (not really noticeable) vibration below 1000 rev's on idle.

Now this doesn't bother me at all as you can only hear/feel it if you look out for it.

I think it's worthwhile but obviously I have only been for two drives!

Just an update if anyone is interested.

Been on a couple of months. Excellent gear change but finding that the rattle on idle is slightly more than when first put on.

I don't mind it tho but if you do it's something to think about.

Mike