ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strong gearbox for valver.

Yoy cna get them strengthened use a WIlliams or get a hybrid box but £1.2k for a stonger one.

But learn to chnage gear is much cheaper toe and heal etc.

valver engined r5.
yes changin gear is a good thing i know lol.
would a 172 box fit though and surely finding a williams box is very difficult.

yes changin gear is a good thing i know lol.
would a 172 box fit though and surely finding a williams box is very difficult.

Gearbox fits yep you need to find a way of powering the speedo though so use a Cup box and mody the feed or stadn alone speedo output.

Willaism boxes arn't that difficult to find just got to keep your eyes open but you need to remember no box will last if you abuse it.

valver engined r5.
the weird thing is the last 1 was driven wit so much respect my mum probabyl abused it more than me lol.

wow i didnt know a 172 box fitted, any specific model as in age to look out for or would any do.

the weird thing is the last 1 was driven wit so much respect my mum probabyl abused it more than me lol.

wow i didnt know a 172 box fitted, any specific model as in age to look out for or would any do.
Gearbox fits yep (any gearbox fits) you need to find a way of powering the speedo though so use a Cup box and modify the feed or stand alone speedo output.

R5 GTT & R19 16v
I picked my 172 box for 320 quid delivered from cit-ren in norfolk i believe they are.
Best option is to go for the phase 1 172 gearbox, its a mechanical speedo. They fit straight on to the valver lump might need to go for the 172 starter motor though.

S2000
I picked my 172 box for 320 quid delivered from cit-ren in norfolk i believe they are.
Best option is to go for the phase 1 172 gearbox, its a mechanical speedo. They fit straight on to the valver lump might need to go for the 172 starter motor though.

Thats all pretty much correct but no need to change the starter motor. My hybrid is running a 172 cup gearbox but it was on it when I bought it. You need to use a 172 gearbox mount though and it needs to be modified slightly to get it to fit, not entirely sure of what need to be modified on it though. I'm going to be having a closer look at mine this week so will put up some pics of the mount and details of how its modified etc.

S2000
I don't think theres a major difference as far as I'm aware, I've not really looked into what mine is like compared to my old valver and stuff.

R5 GTT & R19 16v

Thats all pretty much correct but no need to change the starter motor. My hybrid is running a 172 cup gearbox but it was on it when I bought it. You need to use a 172 gearbox mount though and it needs to be modified slightly to get it to fit, not entirely sure of what need to be modified on it though. I'm going to be having a closer look at mine this week so will put up some pics of the mount and details of how its modified etc.

It might be because when we fitted the clio 172 box onto the valver lump we used a megane flywheel, using the normal valver starter motor is was making horrible noises from it, same when trying a couple of other valver starter motors. The mount is the same as the valver as far as i believe, well it was fine when putting it into the 5.

S2000
Well I know mine definately has the williams starter motor. It might be to do with the megane flywheel on yours as I know those who put the megane bottom end on their valvers change the megane flywheel to the valver one as theres some sort of problem with the megane one. With regards the mount I know the one on mine had to be customised a bit but I never really asked about too much of the detail when buying it. The bit I was meaning thats different as well is where the mount is actually attached to the box, though the bit that goes on the chasis rail may be the same - I'm not too sure. Its been discussed a lot on williamsclio.co.uk and quite a few people have found that the standard engine mount isn't quite right in some way.

valver engined r5.
wow, am quited lucky as after finding out the box fits i believe ive found a mk1 172 being broke locally as well.
and about the mount, dont k-tec do a fancy stronger yet lighter 1.