ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping a 182 full fat....

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ok so it makes sense for me to keep my car as i know its a good base to start with my track project. I know its never going to be as light as a ph1 but can I remove the FF parts without too much difficulty (i.e. cruise, climate, a/c, xenons etc)?

Are standard headlights any lighter than the xenons?

How easy is it to remove the ABS?

Tom

Clio 172 soon
All those bits dont really make much weight difference matey. Its a quick car, just drive it well init ;)

Titanium 182
If you stripping the climate control can I buy the climate control panel from the interior ? or even just the "off" button from it, mine button is a bit scratched!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Whats the point in stripping climate control etc? Get out on track on a stinking hot day and you will very much regret doing it! The best way to save weight without permanent removal is to whip the rear seats out for track days and remove the spare wheel if you have one. The rear seat bases just lift out and it only takes a short time to remove the back rests. They unbolt separately and are easy to lift out once undone. Leave the metal bar that they fasten to as it adds a bit of torsional strength to the back of the car. Theres little point in swapping headlights for the little difference in weight and you'll appreciate the better lights on a day of poor visibility.