ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stripped rear seats, insurance?

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
anybody any experience declaring they have stripped there rear seats out on insurance if so what was the outcome? more? etc

b/g 182, meg tourer
i asked them about it and its fine, they said you dont even need to let them know that you have removed the rear seats... which seemed odd

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
not 100% sure on that because, weight loss will improve performance soooooo slightly, it was more of a structural/safety thing. aslo when doing a quote it asks "how many seats"

M2 Competition
Nah you dont have to declare it. If you fit buckets etc you would, but not for removing the rear bench.

If your that worried about it on the isurance, just click the box that says interior changes.

I wouldn't bother though...

Mk1 Maxim Sport
yeh total waste of time declaring that, if u had a bump and they said why r their no back seats in (which they wouldnt) just tell em uv just been to the skip

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
they tend to ask, "how many seats does your car have" best to be honest all the way because if you have a bump they will do everything in their power not to pay out.

Don't forget to tell them you've used washer fluid from Halfords and changed the tyres from PE2s to Goodyear Eagle F1s.
Well that's the thing...where's that line?

One of the biggest factors in crashes in tyres. But if a car comes fitted from factory, there is nothing stopping you fitting cheapo ditch finders!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Tyres are fine as long as they're not worn out or you've been warned about them. They are perishables after all. Brake pads are the same. But I'm not sure about the regulations regarding insurance companies looking into service records

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Well that's the thing...where's that line?

One of the biggest factors in crashes in tyres. But if a car comes fitted from factory, there is nothing stopping you fitting cheapo ditch finders!

"Anything that changes the manufacturers standard specification is classed as a modification and must be declared"

-"hi, yeah, I just want to declare my tyres, brake pads, brake disks, sticker on my rear window, my CD player, my lack of rear seats, my aerial, my headlight bulbs, I've fitted washer blanks"

-"yes sir, please don't be calling us again"

"Anything that changes the manufacturers standard specification is classed as a modification and must be declared"

-"hi, yeah, I just want to declare my tyres, brake pads, brake disks, sticker on my rear window, my CD player, my lack of rear seats, my aerial, my headlight bulbs, I've fitted washer blanks"

-"yes sir, please don't be calling us again"

I bet there's some insurance companies out there who'd try and wack a premium on those mods lol

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I went through everything, the girl come back asking if the cage meant my rear seat were removed, I said yes and she pretty much hung up on me..

I think that was Adrian flux...

Ended up with sky..

Listerine & Poledo
I went through everything, the girl come back asking if the cage meant my rear seat were removed, I said yes and she pretty much hung up on me..

I think that was Adrian flux...

Ended up with sky..
Really?

Must have thought "oh god, another road warriror"

I'm with flux and it's cheaper for me to declare by Air-con as being a "modification" than to say the car is stock

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I remember declaring an exhaust on my old DCI. "How much power does it add sir?"

"No extra power, it was just cheaper than a replacement from Renault"

"Ok the extra premium will be £400"

"Uwotm8"

After 5 minutes explaining chatting they said it would be free. I still think they just let it slide rather than discounting the change.

Technically you are meant to declare optional extras. But I don't think that's aimed at Clios with Xenons added. More things like Porsche 911 with a chrono pack as it shows a different intention for having such a car.

Listerine & Poledo
Technically you are meant to declare optional extras. But I don't think that's aimed at Clios with Xenons added. More things like Porsche 911 with a chrono pack as it shows a different intention for having such a car.

Its aimed at all vehicles that have anything other than the standard-issue equipment for that model line.
For instance a 182 FF is actually a 182 with two optional extras.
And given one of those is to make it "better" in corners, the other to make it look "better", yes, they are declarable.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Its aimed at all vehicles that have anything other than the standard-issue equipment for that model line.
For instance a 182 FF is actually a 182 with two optional extras.
And given one of those is to make it "better" in corners, the other to make it look "better", yes, they are declarable.
I think you're being a bit too anal. I can say categorically that if a provider tried to deny a claim on a totalled 182 based on the fact its wheels were a slightly different shade of silver and it having slightly different suspension it would get laughed out of court.

I can't even remember the last time an insurance company asked me about optional extras, they just say "is it a standard UK model with right hand drive?".

Listerine & Poledo
It's not me being anal, its just the straight-up fact of the matter.

"is it a STANDARD UK MODEL?"
Yes, except for the wheels, the lack of rear bench, a non-OEM exhaust, a set of throttle bodies, coilovers and body kit

uploadfromtaptalk1445517533788.jpeg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My conversations with Brentacre :
'I have a Clio 172'
'That'll be £400 quid please'
'I've removed the rear seats'
'OK'
'I've polybushed everything'
'OK'
'I have aftermarket springs'