ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped interior!

182 S
Just stripped the rear out. Seats, carpets etc. Feels quite alot different! Any1 no the weight of all this?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Taking out my rear seats, isobar and boot carpet came to about 21.5kgs on my bathroom scales, which seem pretty accurate.

Additionally on the 172, the spare wheel and wheel jack kit came to 23kgs.

I love the difference since stripping it, much better turn in, virtually no understeer and the exhaust sounds much better inside.

Can't say I've noticed the acceleration difference but strangely I notice it a lot when I take a passenger.

BG182®
Quit a few people have done it.

I've done mine in the past but to me I think the placebo effect mad me think it was quicker. Your saving around 20kg so all in all it does make a difference, even if its ever so tiny.

Did you only remove the rear part of the carpet? The one under the front seats is more like tarmac than carpet.

EDIT: Will be attemping it again tommorrow with a fellow Cliosporter to see if I can live with it again.

Stripped the interior out of my megane earlier too. Loving it so far although have only driven for a few miles, going to take it for a drive tomorrow to see if there's any difference

Clio 172 RS2
I love the difference since stripping it, much better turn in, virtually no understeer.

How is that possible?
Less understeering when taking weight off the back? :eek:

Riding without the spare & tools since day one i had mines... fyi.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
How is that possible?
Less understeering when taking weight off the back? :eek:

Riding without the spare & tools since day one i had mines... fyi.

I don't know but it feels much better turn in. I went for a quick blast before i did it and again afterwards on the same route and it just felt like a sharper turn in. Just going by how it feels, but I'd have thought no rear weight makes the back end move more so reducing understeer, I could be talking b****cks lol but just how it feels.

Strangely, raising the back end a bit more than the front made it feel to have a better turn in as well.