ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripe Removal

BMW 320d SE
I've been toying with the idea of removing my white stripes from my RB 182. I'm not sure I want the car to be so easily recognisable anymore.
The car is a 2004 model, and has had the stripes on since day one AFAIK. If I remove them, am I going to be left with two silly bits of paintwork that are "blue-er" than the rest of the car? If so, is there anything I can do to fix the paintwork?

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
mate as far as im concened your paint shouldnt have faded at all.

what you will need to do to remove them is borrow a hot air gun (or jsut use a hairdryer) and apply heat gradually to the stripe where you are looking to remove it, i wouldnt put it too close or concentrate it on one small part or it may get too hot

you are looking to warm up the adhesive to make it easier to get off!
then slowly pull away fro the surface.
i imagine you will still have some adhesive residue so you will need to clay that part of the paint to get it off

i havent actually done it before but thats how it should work.

I have a flame red phase 2 172, i have silver stripes to go on but im not sure if i want the car to stand out that much, in case i have pi$$ed someone off! :eek: