ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Street Fighter VS Tekken - yes i'm not joking.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
OK i pretty much lost if after seeing these various videos!!! i know not a lot of people o the forum are keen on the fighting genre but this to me is just heaven. Tag team game done in SFIV graphics, AMAZING!!! better yet Namco is doing their own version, seperately!!!! with their engine!!! ahhhhhh

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Can't wait to role, King and Zangief tagteam!

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
you have no idea, and to find out there is two versions is the icing on the cake

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
ANNNND so would i be, an analysis has been done:

http://www.hypercombo.net/2010/07/analyzing-the-street-fighter-x-tekken-gameplay-footage/

summary:

1. The game is most likely very early in development, and most features of the SF4 gameplay system, as well as the basic speed and feel of the game, currently remain intact. Even the SF character models are straight out of SF4.
2. Kazuya has a crouch dash which can be very quickly canceled into different moves, just like in Tekken.
3. Ryu has his Joudan kick from SF3. It causes wall bounce.
4. Certain Tekken hit strings seem to be manifested as special moves, while others are manifested as strings. The only follow-ups we know for sure are optional are crouch dash -> Hell Sweep/EWGF and Hell Sweep -> Hook.
5. Throw tech system and throw startup is the same as SF4.
6. The relationship between blockstun and hitstun is the same as SF4 (i.e. blockstun is significantly lower than hitstun).
7. SF4′s quick getup and untechable throw knockdowns are both in, as is something resembling the rolling cross chop getup from Tekken.
8. Backdashes are invincible, just like in SF4.
9. A new ‘stagger’ hitstun allows easy combo opportunities.
10. Ryu has his 3rd Strike target combo.
11. Some sort of team super attack is present, though it’s impossible to tell how it functions.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Tekken has always seemed to play a lot slower than SF, so it'll be interesting to see how they've combined the two.

172 cup TT
Killer Instinct was my favourite fighting game :( begging for an updated version.

haha yep... possibly sad to say but i was on gamesmaster for the Killer Instinct challenge when i were a kid, was the series in heaven if i remember correctly... DDiamond, ledge

And jesus, thought my mate was taking the piss earlier when he text me about this... i just hope its popular, we need a big fighting game that EVERYONE plays like SF2 10-15 odd year ago

172 cup TT
The couple of issues i can see are the control system; - will tekken keep its 4 buttons and SF keep its 6 OR will both have a different layout causing a problem right there - and well, the fact they are both totally different strategically - do any tekken characters have a projectile for instance?... when was the last time you jumped into someone to start an attack on tekken?... will the tekken side be more jumpy like SF or will the SF characters be more like tekken?.... will be an interesting one to see how it pans out thats for sure..

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
as i've said there will be two versions based on both engines, should answer most of those questions! PLUS the above info is pretty much all the info out there aside from the preliminary character list which is based on the originals for each

172 cup TT
I think that's silly both doing a version, as namco's will be more like tekken, and will therefore be "tekken" and capcoms more like SF, and therefore be "Streetfighter" defeating the entire object of the mixing them.... dont get me wrong this really has awesome potential, but they really need to think about it alot and get it spot on for it to actually BE awesome...

Plus dave mate, just because there is 2 versions that doesnt answer my above Qs at all - Take Namco's verson... Will they force ryu and co to have LP, RP, LK, RK? ala Tekken? and vice-versa...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome.

I used to be epic at Tekken, I mean like bunk school, go to troc, kick a load of unhappy looking chinese dude's ass' kinda epic.

Looking forward to this.

Listerine & Poledo
Right, who's got SFxT then?

I want to know about how awesome it is and if Akuma is in there.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I was always a Teken and Mortal combat man but this looks amazing.

Used to spend SO much time on fighting games.

Listerine & Poledo
SF4 was alright but I'm more fond of Capcom -v- SNK. When they make Street Fighter 3d it only slows down action.

But I really need to see Akuma -v- Devil Jin played out.... if it can be?

Mito Sportiva 135
Heard about this a while ago, I LOVE crossover games and think this will be awesome (better than the Tekken X SF version too I bet).

I would really like to see an Xbox style Super Smash Brothers though! The Master Chief vs Mario vs Sonic vs Ryu = epic!!!

A SHED!
poor options on this, can't do 1v1, gem system is sh*te and it has the usual effort of a storyline made by a tards. Characters looks superb, though, so overall 6/10. mk9 was better.