ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streched Tyres ?

I don't think so as all the german boys do it, especially on the dub scene.

Personally I think it looks pants lol but I don't think it's a problem to do it :)

Mk2 172
Yeah it is dangerous! your putting a very different to normal strain on the side walls. bit risky if you ask me. especially if you drive the car hard!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah it is dangerous! your putting a very different to normal strain on the side walls. bit risky if you ask me. especially if you drive the car hard!

wrong mate, a lot of my friends drift, seriously stretched tyres have no problem at 60mph drifts with 300bhp going through them...

ATS CUP'd Dynamique

wrong mate, a lot of my friends drift, seriously stretched tyres have no problem at 60mph drifts with 300bhp going through them...

thats what i was thinking, in drifting they have streched tyres which go through a lot of strain

its dangerous.. well thats if u stretch them too far out.. lol i saw a pic recently.. let me find it.. haha

still love the stretched tyres though :D

1862368526_8bda5b1055.png

Untitled-25.gif

S13
LOL, ok.

Where stocks these shims of which you speak then? Googled it but not a lot comes up, Yozza and that's about it.

thats my car! :D

i can supply you lads the shims - have about 3 sets left or you can get them through www.regal-auto.co.uk :D

they give 1.5 degree more each, i layered up with two sets and have adjustable front camber plates.

it usually looks like this camber wise

IMG_0620.jpg
http://www.badlydubbed.com/imgs/photos/2007/meets/oe/IMG_0620.jpg

but im gunna keep this look i think by as someone mentioned, cutting and rewelding the beam :D

Untitled-1-1.gif

1.gif

as far as stretched tyres go - dont believe the bullshit. they are fine aslong as you keep an eye on the tyre pressures carefully. if fitted sloppily they will deflate.

as with any tyre either underinflated or incorrectly fitted they will fail. this is why not many fitters are confident in putting them on. they know they have to do a pukka job and often dont need the hassle.

i run 195-45's (recommended for a 7" rim) on a 9. have dont with no problems for a long time no. drive it like a t**t and all the rest.

if you like the look go for it, most of the haters have never even tried it :D

p.s the reduction in sidewall flex makes for sik lift off oversteer too :D

S13
Heh, would Golf shims even fit on a Clio? :S Drop me a PM let me know how much you want if they will.