ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streaming video on 360 from PC

Having just bought myself a 360 I would like to play HD content through it. What do I need to play most type's of file format on it? I've heard that TVersity is what I need?

Any help appreciated :)

Steve

ps it is already hooked up to PC which is runing Vista.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've used Tversity with mine. It's a bit of a pig to get working as it conflicts with windows Media Player. If it works it works perfectly, if it doesn't you'll spend hours messing with it.

Hmmm

Until I move house next month and have my own PC hooked up I am using GFs laptop so I'm not overly keen on having to use software that needs a lot of messing around with.

Can I simply drag the files over to the 360?

What file formats does the 360 support natively?

Lee

BMW M2C
To play files you go to the video section on the 360 and you'll see a list of all video files it can see. I've not used it in ages, but when I last did all the files were in one massive list. A recent update may have split that into folders but I'm not sure.

From memory it's only wmv files it can play natively.

I watched all of series one of Heroes on my 360 streamed from my PC using Tversity. They were divx.

Nike Lunar Elite's
The version I'm using splits the videos up into the folders that replicate their locations on you PC (if that makes any sense).

As Lee said it can be terrible to setup, the 1st PC I installed it worked fine 1st time but the 2nd PC couldn't be deteced by my Xbox 360.

Well....*humph*

I can't even get WMP to work with it, all the relevant boxes are ticked and the correct ports enabled in McAfee but still no luck.

Suggestions appreciated!

Steve

Lee

BMW M2C
I wish I could help but I can't get mine to work anymore. It worked the first time, but since a couple of updates I've had no luck either.

I hate Vista.

Trying to over simplify simply makes it that much more of a pain in the ar5e.

I am now streaming videos etc.. not really sure exactly what it was, I think it just did it of it's own accord!

Monaco 172 2/468
Wmv and mp4(up to level 4.1's I think) work from the dashboard

Mpg's work through media centre

If you want to watch HD things, what source are you using ? The easiest program i've found to convert files to watch on the 360 is Videora. It converts MKV's to MP4's in 15 mins, even on my old terrible pc