ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange top end rattle/ misfire

Right

bought an engine this morning and fitted it this afternoon
started up first time and sounded fine , ran it for about 5 seconds only

second startup , sounds like there is a bolt in the top end , I thought might be cam followers as engines been stood

third startup, noise is still there but now misfiring! leave to run for a few minutes give it some revs and the misfire and the rattle disappear completely , then reappears and struggle to re-start the engine .

ive given up for now but all I can think is to check the plugs tommorow ?

any other suggestion ?

p.s. I have a video of this engine running perfect before it was removed from previous car so I know it's a good engine.....

Right , I thought I could be something like that, strange as the engine has only been stood for 3 weeks
, I shall fit the auxiliary belt tommorow and fill up the coolant and give it a good long run

Just to update on this,

the engine sounds great from cold, sounds like a diesel between 1k - 1.3k revs when warm then disapears above 1.3 k

sounds a lot like it could be a dephaser pulley to me ?? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: