ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange misfire when warm help please

2007 clio dynamique
Hi guys just after abit of help, this has only started today basically car runs fine from cold but when warm and restarted it misfires, is very underpowered and the engine light flashes but then the light will stop and it will go back to running fine which i find weird as you would think it would be there all the time , the car is 1.4 mk3 any help would be appreciated

2007 Clio
Yo dude. I have the MK3 Dymanique (also 2007) 07 plate.

Mines also does this, had 2 coils replaced and switched them between one another and it still hunts (misfires) a bit (WHEN WARM)

Soon as the revs dip below 1k it starts hunting for the correct revs.

Pain in the arse of a car since I bought it in November between boot lights staying on, brake calipers rattling, bulbs being inaccesible, squeeky rear shocks/springs, misfiring, serious petrol smell in the oil.

Pretty sure im gonna end up burning it!

:D

What have you tried to do in order to diagnose this misfire when the revs get lower?

People have suggested cleaning the throttle body.

I had codes read (when the EML flashes) came up with this: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?631947-Fault-Codes

2007 clio dynamique
i replaced all four coils thinking this was the issue but its still got problems, my serious misfire was down to water sitting in one of the spark plug holes and turning the plug rusty i replaced this and its far better now but i still have the odd misfire when warm and also a warm starting issue, i really have not got a clue what else to try, i have cleaned the throttle body but this made no difference, on my car its like the fuel pressure is low as it struggles into life after a while of cranking the engine, its just strange as its only when its warm when its cold i have no problems ive just started to think its a crap engine lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nottingham... It says in the location part of my profile/avatar section ;)

Mick