ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange 'jumping' noise on full lock

Trophy #473
No its not the top mounts before anyone says anyting.

The only way I can decribe it is when on full lock under 5mph it feels like the front end is skipping (feels like the driveshaft CV's are locking then releasing due to the angle... like a banging noise) but something makes me think its just the geometry of the suspension and its the tyres skipping as the steering angle isnt equal on both sides...if you get me. Its more noticable when the surface is wet but also does it on a dry surface.
Now I know its not just my car as my Ph1 did it too. All other cars I have driven dont do this.
Can anyone shed any light or is it just another 'characteristic'.

Nathan

Its the tyres skipping. Mine does the same, although only really noticed it as the tyres started to get low (ish) on tread.

Get a mate to drive it slowley on lock and watch, mine is only really on R/h down.

Suzuki Ignis
Im sure that exact question was asked a few weeks ago, deja vu moment lol

The answer to that was tyres skipping to.

Laguna sport tourer
perfectly normal, it will be worse during cold weather as the tyre will be harder and won't have as much slip angle

Octavia VRS
mine does the same thing. usually when right hand down in the wet. it sounds and feels pretty terminal tbh! a sorta grinding noise comes out but apparantly its normal! hmmm!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Ours used to do this, then last year it went in for an MOT and the found some clips/brackets had broke on the ARB. They fitted new ones and it fixed the problem, until I clipped the kerb in the snow and now its back :(