ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange brake problem

Titanium 182
So im replacing my brakes pads and discs on my 182 for ebc ultimax pads and brembo max discs. pads are a pain to get in the calipers because of the spring clips/ anti rattle clips . Then when putting the caliper over the disc its extremely tight but goes on with gentle tapping once the bolts are in the caliper anf are tightened up it locks the disc up....anybody else have this , im thinking ive been sent the wrong pads but they look identical ....plenty of gap between the inner pad and disc but the outer pad is up tight , which I no it would be but its as though there is to much friction material and its locking the disc up ??? And body help with this

New pads and discs need the pistons pushed right back as far as you can get it in the caliper. Its always quite tight in that respect. However, sounds like you managed to get the caliper back over the pads and bolt it back together, so even though its grabbing it should be fine once you start using the brakes. have you driven it to see?

The anti rattle shims are another issue to watch out for, the pads should have gone in without too much persuasion and should be free to move/not bind.