ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Straight through! How loud?

Clio 182 Cup
At the minute I have a power flow exhaust with two cylinder shaped boxes on. Small boxes. I also run a decat. If I went for a straight through exhaust how much louder would that be?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Stupidly.

I had a one box decatted 2.75 inch system on my ph1 years ago and it was deafening at 60-90mph. With no boxes it would be horrific.

It's a clio ffs, why do you want it stupidly loud??

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My mate Raz made a straight through exhaust for his DCi, it still wasn't as loud as my Piper 2.5",
I can only imagine the sheer hell a straight through would be on a 1*2.

Clio 182 Cup
Ok won't be doing that then. My exhaust at present drones like mad at motorway speed. So how do I keep the raspy sound of a decat with the odd pop but get rid of the drone? Help!

So how do I keep the raspy sound of a decat with the odd pop but get rid of the drone? Help!

What exhaust is it?

Scorpion RS192, SRN019, BTM Performance exhaust and a few others are often commended on being raspy but not boomy. The solution could simply be to buy a better quality exhaust designed for a different type of noise (you can have raspy without it being boomy and to some extent still with a cat).

Clio 182 Cup
Powerflow are supposed to be good custom exhaust. I won't a quieter raspy small pop exhaust!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
This is my old one.. longlife/powerflow custom jobby.

Decat through to the backbox. Ktec styled induction kit. Used to pop on overrun and was pretty raspy, it was pretty loud on long journeys but wasnt too bad with the interior intact.

http://youtu.be/mPmEVbFwgOU