ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm grey 172/182 nearly finished...

53 Clio's & counting
Dan really isn't bigging it up either, in the metal it is stunning - Sam really has gone to town on it and all the little touches he has done are amazing

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah it's had a bit done mate but due to the ramp going in, my car(s) going in and his Aston coming back, the clio has been put in the corner so I can't take any pics unfortunately.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I doubt I'll be there mate. I'm pretty s**t company at the minute so you won't miss me.

So yeah, the Aston. His dad bought it when he was 18 and he's 50-odd now so a long time. They've been re-building it for 13 years. Sam completely bare shelled it and painted it Aston grey. The paint is utterly flawless. He made the exhaust himself, it sounds like nothing you've ever heard before!

He's got a fiesta mk1 supersport too.

ahy2y5e4.jpg

e7epy5e2.jpg

hatu3usa.jpg

gegeraba.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That Aston is epitome of epic but why did he choose chrome rims from a bad fast and furious film?

Needs some wires or something!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks matey.

Yeah the wheels were fashionable when they bought them (10+ years ago!) but they'll be changing them before it goes on the road.

8.4 litre, 560bhp, and zero road tax too. :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Let's be honest, it won't need it.

His 560sec can light up the rears on the spot with ease. And that weighs about 2 tonne and isn't that powerful.c

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thought we'd drive out (drive!!) the Clio and wash it seeing as we had already washed 8 cars this afternoon.

Took a chance to grab some pics...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410022813.223813.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410022827.899458.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410022839.677094.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Still got a days worth of wiring to sort and tidy up.

Then it's going for alignment.

Then it's going for mapping.

Then we can start on mine....

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
That's looking stunning.

I remember you guys saying it would be nice but that's cracking. The Aston is a monster too.

Hopefully get to see you both again and the Clio one day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah it starts and runs but the ECU was mapped for a mk1 1.8 turbo so it's over fuelling like a b**ch. I've got a video of smoke bangs and flames but I've no idea how to upload it to here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is is going to have a diffuser fitted?

No.

The exhaust is sat a bit low at the minute as it's not bolted up properly. It's a taste thing, I personally love it.

Let's not forget, this is not a road car and never will be.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sure you mentioned getting rid of it when you went on your selling frenzy,
also I thought you lost the workshop space?

I take it it's in Sams garage?

This confirms that you listen to NOTHING I tell you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Proper chuckled at the video at the end.

Also, is that yours and Sam's "Special" bus in the background in the pics Daniel?

Yes mate. I'm piling the miles on it so it needed to come off the road.