ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stopping the last auto wipe once using the windscreen wash

172 Cup
With all the grit on the roads, I'm using the windscreen wash all the time at the moment on the motorway. The last auto wipe after spraying the screen does it a few seconds too late and then it spreads the salt on the screen!
Is there a way to turn it off somehow?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes there is, quickly change it to fast wipe after pressing the washer, then switch them off, this used to annoy me to.

Westfield, 182, 200
Had a couple of cars that did that, drove me bonkers!

Wish the clio had a 'flick' wipe instead.

Other thing that drives me mad is the high beam, much prefer to push it forward for main beam and back to 'flash'!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
All the French cars have the same type of main beam switch. Vauxhalls all seem to have the type that you push for main beam and pull towards you for dip beam.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
the worst part is realising you haven't switched the lights on properly whilst they are on auto and having to quickly turn them on or risk blinding someone.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think its on some/most VW's?

The flash on the clio does piss me off, easy to put the full beams on accidentally.

I had no issues, unless just using the auto lights, rather than the switch actually being on.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
What pisses me off is the Auto Wipers. Theyre just not sensitive enough (and I do have the sensitivity dial turned to max on the stalk). I'd much rather do away with Auto and just have intermittent instead!

There is no way of making that happen is there?

172 Phase II
Theres a sensitivity dial? I thought that was useless on the stalk.. Just for cars who don't have auto wipe.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
What pisses me off is the Auto Wipers. Theyre just not sensitive enough (and I do have the sensitivity dial turned to max on the stalk). I'd much rather do away with Auto and just have intermittent instead!

There is no way of making that happen is there?

Tried cleaning the sensor? Guide on here IIRC.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes there is, quickly change it to fast wipe after pressing the washer, then switch them off, this used to annoy me to.

Bingo! Used to f**king do my nipples in! Would be like an hour later and it would swipe!!!!!!