ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP Steering fault

RB R26.R
Hi Guys,

A week ago, on turning a corner the steering violently moved, electric power steering stop working, STOP light and ESP light became illuminated and Steering Failure message is displayed.

The RAC have been out to have a poke and they found no fault with battery or connections, so the Clio has regrettably gone into Evans Halshaw Middlesbrough today for a disgnostic after speaking with RUK.

I am aware of steering issues being reported online across different car forums but all members have since become inactive.

Has anyone on here had this issue with there Clio? RUK have 'no awareness' of any previous episodes of steering rack failures, yet and I have seen a +£1000 bill being quoted on forums for repairs outside warranty with an RUK contribution being made..

any info is helpful,

Hugh

renault clio 1.4 16v
have you checked the fuse to the power steering motor and the connections, you should still have steering unless the motor is ceased, or it is the actual rack, if the cars not under warrantee, id just diagnose if the motor or the rack is the problem and get some parts from the scappy

RB R26.R
Info originally missing: Car is a 200 Clio mk3 Cup 2011

Diagnostics confirmed the repair is a new power steering column priced at £1100!!

The car is standard albeit AD08 tyres and front DS2500 pads.

It has done one trackday which was RenaultSports Rockingham following which the issue occurred.

Its very frustrating to think that the part has failed on a unmodified car because of an event RS is promoting and customer relations aren't acknowledging any other episodes of Clio's having simular faults.

Last edited:
  renault clio 1.4 16v
Ive personally never heard of a motor failing, bit of a rare case, cant you source a second hand unit?

RB R26.R
across the websites, there is four seperate cases I have found, all of which were replaced under warranty.