ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP and handbrake light - not the usual?

Focus RS + S3
Strange one this,
Other day driving to work, stop and handbrake light came on solid, no flickering like usuall when fluid/pads are low

, turn car off, drive a little bit and it goes off,

Brake fluid is fine, pads are fine, if i drive straight, no problem, take a roundabout (normal speed) itll flicker and then itll stay on and stays like that for the rest of my journey,

I thought the cap with sensor maybe faulty, unplugged the cap, drove off, no lights and then hit a roundabout, guess what, light is back on

Bit baffled by this one, any ideas

dan's cast offs.
may not be but worth a quick look. but now you mention it it doesn't put the stop light on as well.

Had this on my first 172. It was badly corroded contacts so just whipped the light cluster out and gave all the contacts a light abraid and all was OK. It only happened when cornering no idea why. Cheap French electronics no doubt:tongueout:

Focus RS + S3
Thats what i was hoping it would be, ive had the car at full lock and acellerated quickly in a circle, harsh stops and starts and nothing, it seems to happen after a certain MPH, and can only get it to happen turning right at the moment

Ive read on here if both rear or both front abs sensors are shot, and one on the front or back it causes this light, but ive kind of ruled this out because it would be on constant if sensors were gone and my speedo still reads fine "/

Focus RS + S3
I went for a drive with the sensor in the cap unplugged and the lights only came on whilst going around a roundabout so ive kind of ruled that out

Hate annoying little problems lol

Focus RS + S3
Little bit of an update,
Today when 'the lights' came on,
The speedo died, it stayed at 0 for a mile then all of a sudden it came back to life

So now im thinking ABS sensor(s) on the way out?
I dont really want to plow money into it, but i saw on eurocarparts bosch abs sensors for 13quid, would these work? As i doubt id spend the 60quid a sensor on it, probably just scrap it 😧