ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop and Battery Warning light issue

Golf Mk5 GTi
Hi,

Done a search but couldn't find something specific to my problem.

Yesterday morning my 'stop' and 'battery' light came on after couple of minutes of the car being started. I say came on, they were flickering on and off for a bit before coming on 'permanently'. That was until I got to the a21 and then they went off, and stayed off. Restarted car a couple of times at work and nothing came on. Checked the obviously earth connections and all seems fine. Went home last night and no warning lights at all. Radio, lights etc all work fine, car starts on the button.

This morning start the car, no lights, happy days. Until about 2 minutes later again, when they come on again. No flickering this time. Stayed on for about 20 minutes until i hit the a21 and then they went off and stayed off. Parked at work. Switched engine off, left it a bit, restarted and left it, no lights came on.

What could it be? Alt on way out? battery?

Any help/advice/things to check would be appreciated (am limited on tool front unfortunately until possible the weekend).

Cheers

Golf Mk5 GTi
No its shouldn't be should it - I'll get that tightened and see what happens from there - cheers for that though matey.

Golf Mk5 GTi
Forgot to update this in case anyone else has the same problem and finds this thread! Tightened the bolt last week and have not had the problem again, so it seems that's all it was! Thanks again Jared for pointing me in right direction!