ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen Car - Edinburgh

In Nuneaton Asda this morning at 08:30ish there was a very very similar focus, but it didn't have any stickers on. But it did have cardboard number plates ? But I only saw the drivers side, is there stickers on both sides ?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
In Nuneaton Asda this morning at 08:30ish there was a very very similar focus, but it didn't have any stickers on. But it did have cardboard number plates ? But I only saw the drivers side, is there stickers on both sides ?
I know its an extremely low chance but do you think youd be able to see if its still parked up there? I don't actually know if theres one drivers side.

I do know him, Awaiting a call from him now.
Did you see it moving?
I was parked next to it, I parked next to it because it was such a nice car. Amazing gunmetal colour alloys and thought I'd have a look, and he wouldn't scratch my car. That's when I noticed the cardboard number plates, different reg though (but they would be).
But its about 300 miles ?

I know its an extremely low chance but do you think youd be able to see if its still parked up there? I don't actually know if theres one drivers side.
It was gone when I came out, but they have cctv. And it was at the front of the store by the mother and child spaces.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Obviously it is an unlikely scenario but you never know.
Cardboard plates are very suspect.
I don't know if the spoiler is standard or not. Not clued up on them.

It all depends whether they could get the stickers off the car/spoiler easily, if there is stickers on drivers side ? The spoiler never had RS on the one I saw

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I don't know tbh, Id guess they were easily removable.

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on to him.

I know its 300 miles but just think how quickly youd cover that sort of ground.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
One of the most easy cars to steal there is ! scary how easy it is to pass the std factory security without taking the keys ! It is utter shite ! If you think your std factory security is sufficient and that they cannot be taken without keys think again ! Please fit some extra security to your cars .

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't they steal the keys to this one? I haven't heard of any of these stolen without the keys.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One of the most easy cars to steal there is ! scary how easy it is to pass the std factory security without taking the keys ! It is utter shite ! If you think your std factory security is sufficient and that they cannot be taken without keys think again ! Please fit some extra security to your cars .
Whatever electronic system they come up with, someone will come up with something that can beat it.
If you're going to own a car like this, then a disc lock, drop bollards, chains... ANYTHING that makes a noise is the only chance you have.
Immobilisers etc are pointless on cars like this. Because let's face it, they can either pinch your keys or just drag it on to a flat bed truck,.

mgd

Clio 182
Whatever electronic system they come up with, someone will come up with something that can beat it.
If you're going to own a car like this, then a disc lock, drop bollards, chains... ANYTHING that makes a noise is the only chance you have.
Immobilisers etc are pointless on cars like this. Because let's face it, they can either pinch your keys or just drag it on to a flat bed truck,.

I'd say moving the obd port up inside the dashboard would be an effective easy way to slow them down / stop it happening just as easy

Surely with it being smashed the alarm just goes off? Which would kind of alert the person who owns it!

I remember seeing on the BMW's they were using glass cutters to cut a hole to get the ODB device in, probably do that still imo.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
No need,
OBD reader and a keyless start.
Example

i find anything you can buy and is popular then gets hacked again....

Surely it's better for an owner to think of a secret squirrel way to disable his car...
Surely with it being smashed the alarm just goes off? Which would kind of alert the person who owns it!

I remember seeing on the BMW's they were using glass cutters to cut a hole to get the ODB device in, probably do that still imo.

If you bothered to watch the video with the sound on he explains that he can smash the window and stop the alarm within seconds while popping up the dead locks to gain entry..

Another few and the car will be running and he'll be gone before your heads off the pillow..

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

As pointed out by @dangerous dave , watch the video! Lol.
There is a 'black spot' on these cars by the wing mirror. Smash it in with a spark plug and it won't trigger alarm.

If you bothered to watch the video with the sound on he explains that he can smash the window and stop the alarm within seconds while popping up the dead locks to gain entry..

Another few and the car will be running and he'll be gone before your heads off the pillow..

Super sorry I didn't watch the video, did you want a written apology (email or letter? and with letterhead or without?)? I didn't bother watching it as others had already said the video was done with the window down, so what will that actually show?

But as my point still stands, the alarm is still triggered as I said.. no reason you couldn't do it without smashing the window if there's a deadzone on the alarm, with glass cutter as I said above.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Super sorry I didn't watch the video, did you want a written apology (email or letter? and with letterhead or without?)? I didn't bother watching it as others had already said the video was done with the window down, so what will that actually show?

But as my point still stands, the alarm is still triggered as I said.. no reason you couldn't do it without smashing the window if there's a deadzone on the alarm, with glass cutter as I said above.

trolololol

I hope he gets it back (if he wants it back)
And a tracker, you'd be mad not to have one on one of these! But then they'd just rip it out if it was easy to find.

Clio 200 cup
This effects all cars with keyless entry, so if you have a plastic card for a key, yours is as easy. The device is readily available and costs as little as £30. Very easy to use. Standard Renault OBD port moved and dummy fitted in place [emoji106]