ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock Springs

Clio
Good evening!

I am looking to replace the springs on my Clio 182 which has both Cup Packs. It was fitted by a PO with what I believe are Eibach 20-30mm lowered springs running with standard dampers. I am intending to return the suspension back to stock. Is Renault Parts Direct the only supplier for stock springs?

Thanks!

monaco 172
I've got a set coming off my 172 today when I get around to fitting my sportlines if they are any good to you?
I was gong to stick em on eBay to see what their worth

Clio
Hipwell,

Thanks for the offer, but aren't the 172 springs different to the 182 Cup / Cup Pack springs?

Clio
Thanks for the replies (and offers). I suppose then that Renault Parts Direct are the only supplier for Cup-spec stock springs?

Cup springs give you the 4X4 off road look on the front!!
Maybe that's the look it gives to some, but I have outdoor hobbies which involves gravel pot holed car parks sometimes. I'd rather not catch the underside. :)

monaco 172
Renault only I believe if your set on cup springs.

Or you could get some eibach prolines which will look about the same as cup springs but will save you a few hundred quid in the process and probably handle better.

Last time I checked cup springs were about 85 quid per corner

Clio
Just resurrecting this topic,

The springs on it at the moment are BLACK Eibachs. Googling online seems to suggest that the black ones are Prolines and that red ones are Sportlines. Is this correct?

Does anyone have the standard ride height of a Clio 182 with Cup Suspension so that I may do some check measurements and see how much lower mine is sitting? Thanks,