ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock springs for '03 172

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Hi all, I'm just about to purchase a 172 that has Eibach Sportline springs on. It looks great and drives well but for reasons of insurance (even through Sky), I am looking at the cost of putting the springs back to stock, either using new or used springs. It might be that the cost to restore to stock doesn't make it worth while...

I'd appreciate any hints on where is best to get some new springs from at a discount or anyone who has a set of stock springs, in good condition, who is looking to sell. I see that the Sportlines are about £150 so would appreciate a hint at secondhand prices, if I decide sell them onl; guessing about £80 in good condition? Will be joining the club when I have the car in my posession, hopefully next week :)

Many thanks, AndyC

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Not tried them; will see if they can help me out when it's renewal time...

Remap, exhaust and suspension put the premium up 60% on standard. Hopefully, Sky will find me a better renewal cost when the time comes.

Just looking into the cost of putting the car back to stock and comparing that with 1/2 years' insurance increase. If the two are the same cost, then I'll leave it as is.