ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock audio system for Clio 172

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think this depends on how demanding you are. For the ordinary joe (or the ordinary telford_mike for that matter) its fine. Nice sound, nice and easy to use - the steering column control is really good.

However there are lots of folk wholl doubtless be ripping the whole lot out and installing 100 megawatt amps and 15" subs in the boot - its an essential part of modding the car for many enthusiasts. Its all down to priorities - Im happy just to have a few quid for petrol for mine!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Its OK, just as Mike said, but only OK.
If you want sound quality then Im affraid youll be dissapointed. "Rip it out " and replace it with a head and changer pack. You dont need magawatts of power for clarity and quality. No offense Mike.

thx for the reply guys~!

say if I rip it out would I still be able to keep the wheel control ? (the control under the steering rack for volume n stuff) thats just too cool n will that computer screen on the top of the center console still work??

Black Clio 172 MkII

you might want to query renault as to the make of the factory head unit.
there may be a chance the satellite stick & dash display will work with another model of the same make. otherwise, i dont like your chances.
personally, i think its just the speakers & no power amp that let the sound down. my rear speakers vibrate at moderate to high volumes - could just be theyve been mounted badly.
i would think a decent amp & beefier speakers would be enough to keep most audiophiles happy, unless you just HAVE to pull another part of the car out for the sake of sticking something different there - usually referred to as modding ;-P

joel.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Alpine do an interface lead for their heads for the remote but its expensive....£70!!!
Sony do one too for theirs at £40 and I think it connects to the display also.