ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock 172 Ph2 air box?

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
I recently bought a ph2 172 which came with a DIY induction kit, I'm not a fan of these so have binned it in favour of a stock air box setup which I got from eBay.

Now the air box I bought has got 2 hole on the dirty side, one at the front on the side which takes the pipe which ducks down under the front nearside headlight, the other is in the bottom right of the box but has nothing to connect to it, Is this correct or should there be another pipe to fill the hole?

Only one of the inlets connects to a separate hose. As you say, it takes air from under the headlight where there should be an "accoustic valve" fitted. The other inlet does not connect to anything, it does have a short piece of hose which is kind-of integrated with the airbox, but this inlet draws air from within the engine bay.

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
Only one of the inlets connects to a separate hose. As you say, it takes air from under the headlight where there should be an "accoustic valve" fitted. The other inlet does not connect to anything, it does have a short piece of hose which is kind-of integrated with the airbox, but this inlet draws air from within the engine bay.

Cheers for the reply Kev, Looks like I don't have anything missing as I first feared.

I was just out messing around and I've managed to snap the front fixing tab on the air box, looks like the plastic has gone brittle.

I'll pop a wanted ad up, I'm sure there must be loads of air boxes kicking around in people sheds/garages.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My standard airbox wasn't clipped on to anything,
the 90 degree elbow and the cold air feed pipe was enough to keep it in place.

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
It doesn't seem to be going anywhere but I'm a little anal about these things so I'll pop up a wanted ad.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
There should be a rubber strap with two hooks either end to secure the air box to the side of the metal frame next to the battery. There are two flexi hoses that connect to the air intake from under the left headlight. I use a green cotton performance element that I got from Demon Tweeks.

SQ5
There should be a rubber strap with two hooks either end to secure the air box to the side of the metal frame next to the battery. There are two flexi hoses that connect to the air intake from under the left headlight. I use a green cotton performance element that I got from Demon Tweeks.

Not on a ph2