ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock 1*2 brake pads...

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
try national tyers they were £15 cheaper than any where else for the brakes on my 1.2 inc fitting

Mk4 .:R32
Is 220 a good/bad price for replacing all 4 pads including labour?

Seems steep to me.

Might try a budget place instead!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like the man says . Do it yourself . Save a fortune , once you know how to change them it's always there when you need to do it in the future .

If your unsure , get a haynes manual .172's brakes aren't anything special pretty bog standard or get a mate who's done it before to give you a hand .172's

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Like the man says . Do it yourself . Save a fortune , once you know how to change them it's always there when you need to do it in the future .

If your unsure , get a haynes manual .172's brakes aren't anything special pretty bog standard or get a mate who's done it before to give you a hand .172's

You can't get a Haynes Manual for a 172 or 182.

Theres a guide available on the forum.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I know you can't you Mr Informative . But like i said in my previous post they are BOG STANDARD BRAKES , nothing special . If you want a manual showing the same brakes get one for a Citroen ZX 1991 - 94 or Pug 306 1993 - 95 . The calipers are almost exactly the same as the 1*2's both front and rear ;)

And the guide on the forum isn't wholly accurate for the rear pads . No need to remove the pad carrier , only the spring clip and metal retaining plate .Not half the caliper :quiet:

Last edited:
  Mk4 .:R32
I've ordered the pads for 90 quid from renault and getting ben_p to fit them cos I'm incompetent and lazy.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I know you can't you Mr Informative . But like i said in my previous post they are BOG STANDARD BRAKES , nothing special . If you want a manual showing the same brakes get one for a Citroen ZX 1991 - 94 or Pug 306 1993 - 95 . The calipers are almost exactly the same as the 1*2's both front and rear ;)

And the guide on the forum isn't wholly accurate for the rear pads . No need to remove the pad carrier , only the spring clip and metal retaining plate .Not half the caliper :quiet:

And I was only saying that, there is no manual.

What you said about the brakes is more clear now, to someone whos not got any idea for changing pads.

Wasn't saying that at you only letting someelse know.