ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

still not fixed, someone please help (another vid inside)

M135i
Still had no joy getting the clio out on the road, i found a way to get around the immob now so thats not the problem. The problem now is that even though when the engine starts up from cold its fine and runs just fine up untill it warms up, then it all goes downhill from then on. Once the temp gauge starts climbing it starts to missfire and then eventually will cut out, once its cut out or been turned off, it then wont start as shown in the video.

Ive changed the water temp sensor but it still runs sh*te, Ryan from NW performance recomended i went to renault and got one from them instead of carcraft which is where i got the new one from myself.

I dont know too much about engines but it really feel asthough the problem is somthing to do with fuel.

Btw this is an engine conversion from 1.2 to 2.0l for the people who havent seen previous threads.

Any help much appreicated as its starting to p**s me off not being on the road.

Thanks guys :)

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/tonksy26/?action=view&current=MOV02604.flv&newest=1

M135i
tbh ive been thinking all this week about this :dapprove: i really dont want to as ive put a hell of alot of effort and monmey into it but atm ive just totally fallen out of love with because it hasnt moved from infront of the house in the last month :/

Ive only just insured it as a 2.0 and being 19 it wasnt too cheap so trying to do the best i can to get it going.

could be

Blocked injectors
Check the TDC sensor by the gearbox
coil pack or ht leads
Check the loom
sensor gone down

M135i
could be

Blocked injectors
Check the TDC sensor by the gearbox
coil pack or ht leads
Check the loom
sensor gone down

Had new coilpack and TDC sensor

How would i check the loom ?

Also it only does it when warm and not all the time which would rule the blocked injectors out wouldnt it ?

Da

Less
I've said it before (not to you), but I'll say it again...I had similar issues when my MAP sensor was faulty.

It would run spot on when cold but once warmed up missfire and shudder until it stalled.

Da

Less
Drivers side of the plenum. Cost me £30 to replace but caused me weeks of trouble!

M135i
oooo, shall give that a try as i can take my old one off my 1.2 engine.

Thanks alot, shall keep the thread updated tommorrow :)

MK2 172 FF
if that doesnt work a trip to Renault at a cost of £85 for them to plug it into the diagnostic would be worth it.

I spent hours and wasted a fair few ££££ trying to find a problem myself (guessing at what it could be). Renault diagnosed the fault within minutes and told me what i needed to do to fix it.

Da

Less
What was yours in the end Mark?

*edit* Just read your thread, sounds expensive! :eek:

Last edited: