ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still looking for some rims!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
So my desperate search for cheap track wheels continues - I nearly bit the bullet and bought some TD Pro-Race 1.2, but wigged out thinking it's too much for a cheap car and crap driver (I'm no hero on track 🙈).

I want it all, cheap, light, good looks....

So I've started looking at wheel weights; the TD 1.2s are 6.2kg, stock 172 wheels are 9.7Kg, so I figure somewhere between the two must be a bonus, and in that respect I've found some Wolfrace Milano wheels at £270 for 15x6.5, 4x100, ET38 weighing in at 8Kg. So weight OK, looks OK (IMHO), & cheap.

But what about their quality, anybody have any experience or views on this?

Many thanks again!

wolfrace_gb_milano_titainium.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
If you're no track hero.......what kind of impact are you hoping to get from changing wheels in the first place?
Yesyes, unsprung weight, yadayada, but are you seriously going to notice?

Unless of course you're just looking for a set of 15's to mount track-tyres on, in which case fair enough, I'll get my coat

Listerine & Poledo
How much is a set of RPF1's these days? I've always thought they'd look decent on a Ph.2

or, @oreA, have you looked into the OZF1's that came on Ph.1 172's? They're supposed to be fairly lightweight

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think copies are about 350. Only say that as i remember seeing them when a browsing.

What offset are we after, as f1's are 43 so stick in. I'm after 35 ish.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I was going for offset 38, same as stock Cup alloys (I believe).

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
So, @imprezaworks, you are correct with your pricing :tongueclosed:, just given Rimstock a call, thanks for the tip :up:.

Only thing is offset ET40.....:triumph:.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Yep, Justin. But for quick delivery (off the shelf) it's ET 40. 8 weeks for any other offset. I got Llandow in 4 weeks!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok he never mentioned that. It was a choice of none black which was the hold up.

You ordered some?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
What? He said I could have any colour.....which is the reason I haven't ordered 'cos now I have to choose a fecking colour. Nothing seems to suit the flamer :pensive:.
Though I fancy white for track.......

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I'm gonna spend my tax refund tomorrow I think (once I've cleared it with the missus, though she shouldn't object because I paid her tax bill :eek:penmouth:)
I'm just worried about how my head will cope with the ET40 situation 😢. At least I know they won't scrub :grinning:.

Listerine & Poledo
I've got a thing about bronze wheels at the moment....

But not on a red car, put another vote in for Ampersand

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm gonna spend my tax refund tomorrow I think (once I've cleared it with the missus, though she shouldn't object because I paid her tax bill :eek:penmouth:)
I'm just worried about how my head will cope with the ET40 situation 😢. At least I know they won't scrub :grinning:.

Good thing about the ones from there is the correct centre bore.

Get them ordered. In anthraghikt too.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Got one of my offspring to photoshop me some coloured wheels onto a flamer....there's so few colours that work with the flame red. I've not bothered with 'gonadacite' because I forgot to ask my daughter to photoshop it and she got fed up :smile:!

White looks tidy and is a safe bet, yellow works quite well too. Remember, will only be seen on track!

IMG_7585.JPG

Any last advice before bite the bullet?