ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still getting throttle pedal fault

I've been having the limp home problem recently, on Friday I changed the throttle pedal for a brand new Renault one and cleared the fault codes. But the limp home is back on today with the same fault code (P120). Any ideas what's going on?

Clio 182
Hello mate ave tryed lookin in the relay box next the battery. Remove the cover and look for a big white connector plug. Disconnect the plug and check the pins arn't corroded or green or even bent or broken. I work 4 renault, this is a common fault ave had a few do this, ed

Cheers for the tip-off mate. Corrosion in the relay box would make sense and explain why it's a lot worse when it's wet. I'll try it and let you know

I've noticed that the freeze frame data capture (in the diagnostic tool) always shows 100% load when it happens too

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I had to replace my throttle body for something sounding the same as your issue. I was getting error codes relating to throttle position, P120 same as yours I think and limp mode kicking in very regulary. With my foot down the acceleration used to feel 'wobbly' too......

.......I bought both 'new' (read second hand) pedal assembly and TB, swapped out my TB first, 4 bolts and a connector, and not has an issue since. Apparently its a common issue.

TB shouldnt cost you more than about £15-30 ish posted for a second hand one on here. I'd suggest putting a wanted thread in the marketplace.....? Also get in touch with 'Steve79' on here, he breaks RS clios regulary. I've had lots of bits from him, and all good (prices and parts)! Usually turn up pretty quick too....

Have a search for 'limp mode' too, should be a fair few threads with info for you!

Cheers buddy ... yeah I have heard (read) lots about TB problems and limp home generally on here

Gonna go check the relay box in my lunchbreak too

Hello mate ave tryed lookin in the relay box next the battery
Ed, I just tried this, all the contacts look OK, no green or corrosion that I could see.

Summat else weird going on under there though, someone has spliced a feed off the main (i.e. the fattest) red and yellow wires, and then run the red feed through a 15A fuse that is in a separate fuseholder zelcro-ed to the side of the relay box!!!

megane 225
Ed, I just tried this, all the contacts look OK, no green or corrosion that I could see.

Summat else weird going on under there though, someone has spliced a feed off the main (i.e. the fattest) red and yellow wires, and then run the red feed through a 15A fuse that is in a separate fuseholder zelcro-ed to the side of the relay box!!!

I had this, mine was for the alarm