ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stiff shift adjustment

clio 172 cup
Just installed my stiff shift 3.0 but god its stiff.
Is it just a case of undoing the bolts until I get the right tension ?

clio 172 cup
Yeah lubed it all up.
All gears work fine its just so stiff you can't feel when your in neutral or a gear.

Where can you buys these from ?

Has any one tried the linkage rebuild kits from ebay.

My new cup it's literally like storing a spoon in porridge

Clio Trophy
Just installed my stiff shift 3.0 but god its stiff.
Is it just a case of undoing the bolts until I get the right tension ?

i had mine fitted last week, mine is like yours, basically feels like i dont have neutral anymore :p the rest of the gears feels nice a firm though, as above you need to put up with it for a few week to give it chance to wear in abit, then look at adjusting if still not happy

Where can you buys these from ?

Has any one tried the linkage rebuild kits from ebay.

My new cup it's literally like storing a spoon in porridge

it is a Yanoo kit, and he is on here #yanoo

BG Clio 182
The stiff shift 3 is adjustable, perhaps you have it slightly too tight anyway mate in the adjuster bit under the gearstick gator?

For the first few hundred miles I had them all 4 fully unscrewed. Still mega stiff but persevere and it'll bed in. You can then tighten the Alan screws up to what you feel suits you best. Oh and adjust it after a big drive when the gearbox etc is all warmed up because the stiff shift tightens up when it's warmer.