ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiff Shift 1.0 (Yanoo Kits)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So i had bought a yanoo kit and decided to get it fitted, Done everything it says in the full instruction booklet that i printed off and it fits perfect but I'm a little unsure on a couple of things.
Can anyone with a kit fitted point me in the correct direction (i have also PM'd Yanoo himself)

With the Kit i got a small red rubber ball insert but as the ball on my Trophy is one that is non-split does this means i cant change it at all ?

YanooKit.gif

I get very very bad vibrations through the gearstick since fitting it and it rattles away. I have taken a short video but it will need to be played loud to hear it enough or even with full volume and headphones.

StiffShift03.gif

I also don't notice any difference in having it there as the black rubber donut that was taken out was rather stiff and not worn at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cup In bits
If you want it stiffer Marc just tighten it up, that's the benefit of it. Something will be loose or the ball or stiff shift will be rattling in the plastic podium.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How is it possible to tighten up and make it stiffer ?

I have the very first kit which i believe is not adjustable

Cup In bits
Ah well your stuffed then ;)

There is allen bolts on the later ones body's that tighten it around the ball, the rattling will be something loose/worn unless you have set it up actually touching something underneath the car, did you do the brash bushes?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
my stick rattle at about 60 with the 1.0 kit. Clios rattle lots though so I just rest my knee on it occasionally.

The Red ball will fit absolutely fine

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it actually tighter in the gearchange Marc

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
You have the non-split type gear ball, you cannot fit the red ball insert. Because the ball joint housing is made of alloy, it cannot damp the vibration that is coming from the engine. It means, if your engine mounts are worn (and your engine doesn't run smoothly), you can feel more vibration on the gear knob. As it is written in the fitting instruction, immaculate engine mounts are needed for the perfect operation.

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a powerflex dogbone mount that gives a very small amount of vibration through the whole car and i have a Yozza also so the car is loud.

I personally dont feel or see any difference in the kit so for me its not uprated anything but its not made anything worse.
I guess i will either be looking at getting new engine mounts which is going to be costly in comparison to just going back to standard.

Is there no way atall i can do anything regarding the red rubber ball insert as i was told that if this did fit it would defiantly make it tighter. Would the Stiff shift 2.0 / 3.0 not make any difference ?

What about fully fitting the whole kit to a PH1 gear assembly ?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
This kit is made for replacing the worn gear linkage parts, especially the big black rubber ball joint housing. That housing usually becomes malformed after approx. 60k miles, causing huge play. It feels like you can shift gears in neutral. You wrote that this part was "rather stiff and not worn at all". In other word it was needless to be replaced. :S On request I can make bigger diameter red ball insert, it causes more stiffness over the base setup, but you could fit it to a Ph1 gear assembly (split-type gear ball) only. 3.0 would make difference. When it is loosened, it works like 1.0 But when it is tightened, it becomes more stiff (regardless which gear ball type you have or what diameter ball insert fitted), the shift force (the force to get it into gear) becomes heavier, you can tune it easily to your demand.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That housing usually becomes malformed after approx. 60k miles, causing huge play. It feels like you can shift gears in neutral. You wrote that this part was "rather stiff and not worn at all". In other word it was needless to be replaced. :S

I was unaware of this untill the big rubber donut was taken out.

On request I can make bigger diameter red ball insert, it causes more stiffness over the base setup.

Does this mean that i can keep the standard 182 non-split type gear ball if you made the above ?

Thanks

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
No, you can't because bigger diameter red insert can be applied on split-type gear ball. But if you use 3.0, you can keep the standard 182 non-split type gear ball.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So the Stiff Shift 3.0 is my best bet for the non-split type gear ball ?

Can you PM Me over prices and the website address again ?