ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stiff clutch

my clutch seems really stiff to push down,is this normal,i have never owned a ren before,i have only had it a few months and the clutch was done about 6 months ago according to the history,when i push the pedal you can hear a sqeuaking noise,grinding noise from under the bonnet,do you think it could be the cable?or something more major<any idea how much they cost or any info? thanks

neil:confused:

172 exclusive no 172

grey 16v,, just bought clutch cable from renault 12.88 + vat.

quiet cheap....

With regards to the clutch had my valver for 5 years and driven with both uprated and standard clutch, both of which are hard compared to other cars i drive.

hope this is of help :D

172 exclusive no 172

hello again..

just fitted mine with a friend managed to do it with in 1hour. but that was with the aid of a vehicle hoist.. the main problem that i found was to get the new cable through the Bulkhead again. Must have taken about 20 minutes of twisting and swearing at the small hole that it needed to go back into.

Only prob that i have now is getting the clutch to engage properly but this is the first time that i have had a problem fitting the cable..

if your new to the renault clio 16v, then yes you will find the clutch heavy, compared to other cars i found this to be a shock, you soon get used to it... This is a very small inconvenience to owning a sports car / hot hatch, they have to be like this to cope etc. However if your saying you have noticed the clutch getting heavy recently, it could be that your cable is on its way out. A clutch will always tighten before breaking.. this is because all the lubricant wears out in the sleeve. when you first fit a new cable, it becomes considerably lighter as they are well oiled up.

hope this helps.

James.

not to be the negative one, but my cable snapped, then the pedal ratchet went then it got real heavy, and now when in 4th/5th any medium push makes it slip big time. if it gets heavier in a short space of time beware of this, and think about a replacement clutch

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I dont know what all you guys have driven before..

Nancy boy cars by the sounds of it... ;)

am I the only one that thought the clio clutch was really light ? yes I do realise that I have a different car, but clutches wouldnt be that radically different would they ?

My mates clutch is a lot stiffer than mine he has got a phase 1 with 94000 on the clock mine has 77000 we both have changed our clutch cables and his is still alot stiffer

rob

Audi S3

i say that because its the problem ive had/got

After the cable snapped i got a new one fitted then the cluch got really heavy and every mecanic ive spoke to about it says the cluch is going and needs replacing

matt