ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stiff clutch and steering

172 , vts , a4
i bought a 172 today , the steering and the clutch is really stiff the cars handling is also very bad , i found a set of lowering springs in the boot so im wondering if it may have had the wrong springs fitted when its been put back to standard , is the steering and clutch a common problem ? . iv always been a frence fan but mainly 106 /saxo and thought a clio would be a good move but now im having second thoughts .
any help would be much appreciated

Clutch is normal,steering is heavy compared to most but i would say the alignment is out causing the heavy feel and pants handling.

Bad handling can also be causedby many other things.

172 , vts , a4
lol

Rather begs the question, why did you buy it?

i swoped it for another car that only stud me at £50 , so thought a 2002 172 exclusive for £50 was a good deal even if i do have to fix it , im was just wondering if anybody on here had the same problem

172 , vts , a4
Clutch is normal,steering is heavy compared to most but i would say the alignment is out causing the heavy feel and pants handling.

Bad handling can also be causedby many other things.

was thinking of changing the suspension what the best rout to go down , i have billi b8s on my saxo and that amazing at handling but a bit rough over bumps

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
i swoped it for another car that only stud me at £50 , so thought a 2002 172 exclusive for £50 was a good deal even if i do have to fix it , im was just wondering if anybody on here had the same problem

If it stands you at £50 then how can you be having second thoughts as to whether you've done the right thing? You could list it on ebay with the faults fully listed and probably get circa £1000 for it. You should be jumping for joy rather than having doubts...

The clutch might just feel heavy depending on what you'd been driving previously, especially if you've come from something with hydraulic clutch actuation. The clio having a cable is always going to feel heavy compared to any hydraulic clutch.

172 , vts , a4
If it stands you at £50 then how can you be having second thoughts as to whether you've done the right thing? You could list it on ebay with the faults fully listed and probably get circa £1000 for it. You should be jumping for joy rather than having doubts...

The clutch might just feel heavy depending on what you'd been driving previously, especially if you've come from something with hydraulic clutch actuation. The clio having a cable is always going to feel heavy compared to any hydraulic clutch.

yes it only stands me at £50 but i still give up a nice fully working car for it . i know i cant loose money on it so cant really moan about it ,