ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiff and squeaky gearstick

Clio 182
Bought a 182 on Wednesday and currently enjoying driving something again with some noise and a bit of power!

Got stuck in some solid traffic on Friday night at the black wall tunnel (pretty much stationary for a while) and noticed whenever I moved the gear stick it started squeaking and was getting quite stiff.

By ge time I got through the traffic is was quite hard to change gear. Was fine yesterday morning when I went to work but stared again last night when I went out for a drive after work.

Any thoughts?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Has it got a Yanoo stiff shifter fitted?

I found mine got quite a lot stiffer on longer runs when everything got nice and warm

Looking at your profile pic i can see it's my old clio. It has a Yanoo 3.0 which is adjustable. If you get it nice and hot (when it starts squeaking), take the gaiter off and you'll find some Allen key bolts, just slacken these off until it frees up slightly.

Clio 182
A
Has it got a Yanoo stiff shifter fitted?

I found mine got quite a lot stiffer on longer runs when everything got nice and warm

Looking at your profile pic i can see it's my old clio. It has a Yanoo 3.0 which is adjustable. If you get it nice and hot (when it starts squeaking), take the gaiter off and you'll find some Allen key bolts, just slacken these off until it frees up slightly.

Ahh ok! Been told it was an old members on here! Glad to put a name too it!

Yeah it starts squeaking after a good drive when it’s warm. Presuming the Allen keys don’t need a lot of adjustment?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
A

Ahh ok! Been told it was an old members on here! Glad to put a name too it!

Yeah it starts squeaking after a good drive when it’s warm. Presuming the Allen keys don’t need a lot of adjustment?

I normally had them pretty loose to be honest. It's also got the brass insert at the bottom end of the shifter attached to the linkage, not sure if this stiffens things up when warm, but loosening the bolts to pretty much finger tight normally sorted it.

Previous member to me was also on here, and i owned it twice. The owner between me was also a Renault Enthusiast, but think he just used the Facebook groups. Was always a good reliable car for me, and i might have bought it back if it was up for sale a week earlier.... I'd just bought a RB 182 cup.

Clio 182
I normally had them pretty loose to be honest. It's also got the brass insert at the bottom end of the shifter attached to the linkage, not sure if this stiffens things up when warm, but loosening the bolts to pretty much finger tight normally sorted it.

Previous member to me was also on here, and i owned it twice. The owner between me was also a Renault Enthusiast, but think he just used the Facebook groups. Was always a good reliable car for me, and i might have bought it back if it was up for sale a week earlier.... I'd just bought a RB 182 cup.

I’ll have a look in a few days - got my old car (1.6 focus) which still driving at the moment. The previous owner has messaged me within last half hour about it too.

Ideally wanted a RB Clio! Love the colour. Bought some black Turinis yesterday as well as a cup spoiler