ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky Front Brakes! Help!

Renault clio 1.4 mk1
Hi all, I am new to this forum, but am a member of several others, so hi to everyone, and I hope someone can help me!

The clio in question is a 1.2 Grande, non-abs, Y reg, the front brakes are sticking, not in any regular pattern tho.

From cold, brakes are fine, you can drive at high speed, stamp on the brakes to get them hot, and they are fine, then you can stop for 5 mins, go to drive away, and the car is sluggish, and it stops dead when you try to roll. You can also just be driving normally, and all of a sudden they will play up. If you then drive with the brakes like this, both fron wheels get very hot, and they stink. I have had the odd sticky calliper on cars over the years, but never 2 together, can this happen, of is there problems elsewhere that someone has had previously with these symptoms?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hugh.

LY R26
Right im having the same problem with the front brakes on my 172 cup. So ive just had The discs/pads changed and also calipers and sliders cleaned,copper greased, pistons checked etc. And it's still doing it :O fine when cold, but after 20mins driving they stick on like a vikings grip and even the wheels are nearly to hot to touch. Been driving like a granny because i dont want to risk warping my new discs. Obviously going to get it booked in at a local garage but thought i'd ask here to see if anyone can shed light on this situation :) driving me nuts cos i dont know what it is and its been doing it for a while now.

Audi A5
you could try removeing the pads and fileing the edges of the pads that are in contact with the calipers then put it all back together (use cooper grease if you want) pump the brake up then see if that makes a difference

LY R26
Right gonna bite the bullet and get one ordered then, cos it cant be anything else surely!. Fingers crossed.

Clio MK2 DCi
Does any one know if this got resolved? I have the same issue! : (
I've replaced the caliper, disk, pads and vacuum pump but have no difference. I've seen suggestions for flexi hose replacement? Is it worth a try?