ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky Clutch Pedal...

Iceberg 172
Hi guys,

Not a serious issue (I hope) but something that's been annoying me recently and I'm wondering if I may need a clutch soon.

When driving spiritedly and closing the throttle at high rpm the clutch doesn't like it... I'll give an example..

Pull away hard in 1st, drop it in 2nd and give it the beans then at say 6000rpm let off for a corner completely closing the throttle. Then trying to put it in third with the clutch fully depressed it's as if the clutch isn't fully opening and it can crunch as if I've not used the clutch properly.

I have to really dump the clutch for it to click and then it's fine.

When I'm driving normally this has never happened... Gears do not crunch and everything seems strong... just at high revs / driving hard.

Wondered if anybody could shed any light on this.

I also need some new Engine Mounts as when pulling away hard in 1st it sounds like the engine is going to come throguh the bulk head throughout the whole rev range!