ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticking gears possibly ?

172 SPORT PH2
Done a few threads on my clutch, don't wanna replace the clutch as I don't think its the proble, every time I'm in 5th geard to come down in to 4th or 3rd depending on speed, it won't go into gear, and I have to force it in ! I've lubed up the clutch cable and stuff?

Also when I'm in neutral with car not started, and I move my gears from left to right, to see if its out of gear, when I move it left, its very smooth, but when I move it right, its like its got a restriction, its hard to explain.....

Could this possibly be the selector ?

330i. E30 Touring.
Selector arm rubbing on something underneath? Dogbone maybe?

Jack it up, and have a look. Get someone to move the stick while you're under it.

Almost certainly not the clutch.

172 SPORT PH2
im gonna have a look at weekend? and ill post some pics, should i blast it with some wd40 anyway ? and some multipurpose grease?

172 SPORT PH2
Selector arm rubbing on something underneath? Dogbone maybe?

Jack it up, and have a look. Get someone to move the stick while you're under it.

Almost certainly not the clutch.

how does the dogbone affect the gears? this could be the problem ...

Please

330i. E30 Touring.
If the dogbone has been fitted with the bolts in the wrong way round, the gearstick will knock against it underneath the car, restricting it's movement..

i woke up to the same problem this morning, moves easily to the left wen in neutral and struggles when i move it right. its now also hard to go into 5th! did you find out what the problem was or any1 else experienced this thanks

RS RIP
as said; worn mounts (especially dogbone) can cause the engine to "tilt"+lean and therefore also affecting gear selector . Enginemovement needs to be within limits

well some things gone now! :mad:
drove it up the road, got to a junction, went to pull off in 1st and suddenly there was no drive in all gears clutch felt the same too. i think if i remember it also popped out of gear. with the engine on i could put it into any gear as if my foot was on the clutch. any ideas?

thank you