ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stereo unit

2004 Clio 182 cup
Hi everyone, when i bought my 2004 clio 172 the previous owner has put an alpine stereo in it, i bought a philips stereo yesterday from halfords and purchased the 2 plug adapter, doesnt fit, is this because its wrong or because the previous owner has messed with the wiring? The alpine stereo only has a one plug fitting, if i dont get anywhere with this then i will post some pictures up during the week, If anyone has a picture of the wiring when theres no stereo there this would be a great help, Thanks for reading. :S

clio 172
hello just about all units now have a iso fitting as stranded some split into 2 and some are 1 plug but both types fit into the back of a player {pics would help} also if some1 has messed with it b4 if u follow the wiring back abit and u will see where its been joined to fit a different plug...hope that helps

clio 172
have you tryed doing away with the adapter and plugging it in straight from the wiring harness
on the car?

2004 Clio 182 cup
I recken thats what they've done, il be posting some pics up tomorrow, p.s we got the same colour car :) thanks for the help

clio 172
haha cool only had mine a week have just fitted a new player in mine send me a message when u get pics i will have a nosy

2004 Clio 182 cup

2004 Clio 182 cup
Ive spoken to soon, ive got the power on but theres know sound, this is with the adapter and without it, one of only 2 plugs fit it into the back of the stereo, ny advice would be great lol.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Thats what makes me think it has because only one goes in, ive fitted full systems in previous cars ive had an ive never ad any problems, thanks for the reply anyway mate.