ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo set up, tweeking them etc

Renault Clio
Hey

Just wondering what everyone on here runs there stereo system at if they have it modified from standard in any way? For example how much bass do you like? Whats your amp gain set at in accordance with the pre out voltage on your h/u? Is your frequency split between components and subwoofers or do you let it run wild?

Just really seeing if i can improve my set up really.

Polo + Micra
well i used to run two 12's and a set of comps off the hu

i run the comps actively which made my alpine hu "2x120w" run the tweets at at hpf 3.2kHz 18dB/oct @ -4dB and the mids with a band pass with a 80Hz lpf 12dB/oct slope and a 3.2kHz hpf

then the sub was set up so the bass on the hu was set to +15 (0dB) set the gain then you have the ability to turn it down with a 80Hz 12dB/oct lpf

Renault Clio
Wow thats even more complex than i thought my post was! I think im running my comps passively? IE cross over that then seperates the signal from the hu to the mid and the tweet. The cross over i think runs the tweet at anything over 3000hz however i would have to check on that with the manual it may be 3500hz

On my hu i have the ability to split the signal to the sub(s) and the comps so what i have done is run 80hz and below to the sub(s) and the 80hz and above to the mids and tweets, is this a good idea? I have the ability to turn the sub(s) up and down on the hu, the rca is plugged into the sub out on the hu, it has the ability to go up to +20, are you suggesting running it at +15 then?

The pre out voltage is 4 volts, in relation to that and the amplifier gain i have set the amp gain at 4volts as i thought this was what was supposed to be correct? Am i wrong?

Sorry that is abit long-winded

please help!!!

Polo + Micra
yeah i'd run the comps with a 80Hz hpf.

my hu only goes to +15 so i'd set it to what ever is the highest and match the gain on the amp which sounds like what you did (4 volts) just make sure it aint cliping( i know my alpine won't no matter how high i put everything)

Renault Clio
aaaah good man, clipping as in it turning itself off and blowing fuses or something different? i just wasnt sure on the term im abit amatuer sorry lol

Polo + Micra
nah it's where you set your settings/gain to high and the output voltage it trying to be higher and the preamp/amps input/psu rail voltage