ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo Question ( head unit end)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Former owner of one of cars ( 182 ) sold the car with no head unit-

I have sorced the standard cabasse unit with code from here & I can see the 2 standard block connectors ready to connect-

However I understand the front speakers ( which were changed to component speakers) are on gold wire & probably not connected to that main connector block-
So I am guessing that once I connect the stereo I will get no sound-

THe component speakers are all connected to a crossover under the glovebox-

Whats the best solution to this-?-

Any help appreciated-

If anyone is local to SE london &is an expert on this & fancies me do a decent clean of your car in exchange for getting the stereo up & running I can oblige-

Steve

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have a set of standard rear speakers you can have Steve, they're same as the fronts as far as I'm aware?

I'm also a bit of an audio geek so I should be able to come and sort it out for you no troubles, when's best for you?

P.s worst case scenario, I'll splice into the standard block with the crossovers or something, will look and sound tidy, I assure you.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I have a set of standard rear speakers you can have Steve, they're same as the fronts as far as I'm aware?

I'm also a bit of an audio geek so I should be able to come and sort it out for you no troubles, when's best for you?

P.s worst case scenario, I'll splice into the standard block with the crossovers or something, will look and sound tidy, I assure you.

Hi Mate--

I got tomorrow eve 5-8pm
or VERY Worst case scenario sun am 8-10? before the new owner comes to collect-

I guess the choice is what you said OR take the door cars off & reconnect the original wires-

Robbos--- Have you got bits like crimpers & Bullet connectors?

I can detail your friends car BHOL mon May or the Tues-

Steve