ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo fittings / connections? Uber-noob. Help!

997.1, Caddy, e208
Evening all, I am a complete novice when it comes to car stereos! I mean I managed to remove the MFD2 from the golf & decode the lost security code and I put my old 9855R into her Lupo but that's about it!

Basically, I have a CDR24 in the Boxster - The rear pinout is this;

481ec86351e7be33416b7dcfc68f3cd0.png

And I've purchased this head unit

http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/navigation-systems6/ine-w990bt

Is this just a straight swap or must I buy some form of converter/connector/device thingymabob. I don't have Bose or sound package pro to my knowledge.

Thanks

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've managed to remove the CDR-24, hooked up my Alpine W990BT and get no power on the headunit at all. I get 12v on the battery line (checked with multimeter) but no LED on the Alpine. This is my first real install of a stereo to be fair, I did swap out one in her lupo gti.

Now I dont know if the unit is DOA (brand new from Amazon) or if I'm doing something wrong! Wiring images below.....Please tell me if I'm missing something, thanks!

Clio 182
Bit confusing as your complicating things by quoting model numbers, im presuming you are putting the alpine into the boxter?

Are you getting 12v on red/yellow when ignition on? And is the earth (black) matched on the iso?