ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Step back or forward?

BMW 323i Coupe
Just wondering if anyone on here thinks I would be taking a step forward or backwards by selling my 1.2 04 Clio to get an N reg BMW 323i Coupe.

Obviously the power difference is a lot, as well as the luxuries and up to date mod cons, but it has FSH and it's in good nick, and going for around £1300.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
If it has FSH mate then I don't see why it would be a problem, yes it might be older with (i'm assuming) more miles on it..

but a BMW at 100k feels better than any clio at 50k :)

but tbh i hate bmw's but do it :)

Edit: holy smilies.

BMW 323i Coupe
Just read up on the car and found out that BMW use timing chains instead of belts, and these should last the life of the engine if cared after, sounds good to me.

320d
Forward imo. People asked me why i'd sold my 55 plate Clio to get a W reg one. Age isn't everything with a car.

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
RWD is massive ammounts of fun, but learn in stages. You will mess yourself the first time the back end steps out. Opposite lock and keep the power on, not too much as you'll spin round, no power and you spin round (there is a commen theme here ;)....spinning round)

The thing with FWD its easy to control, you know when your on th egas too much because you dont go round the bend you just go straight on, back off a touch which sends the back of the car round, turn in and away you go :cool:

S3, Polo
Watch for Nikasil problems on the 323 and 328's. Google it.

Can be very costly if you get a car with worn bores...

IMO, up your budget and get a 325.